Testing Phase News

Home Forums General Discussion Testing Phase News

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by StratGamer4567 StratGamer4567 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Welcome to the Tech Executive Tycoon Website!
    To all who want to participate, please sign up to the newsletter on the side bar to the right. This will allow you to hear about the alpha testing phase.

Why is there an Alpha test?

The reason there will be a testing phase is so that some of the early bugs can be ironed out. The idea is to bug test throughout the entire process of the games development. The developer wants to release a bug free game and this is a big effort towards that goal.

If you want to be a tester, again sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about the sign up sheet that will be right here on the website. The sign up sheet will have anywhere from 50 to 250 slots for testing. Being the first to sign up gives you the best opportunity to test the game. Please sign up ONLY if you intend to test the game. If you only want to play the game, please do NOT sign up as the final game depends on people who are serious about finding bugs and reporting them.

Thank you very much for your interest in testing as we continue to try to create a great simulation/strategy/role playing game!

I roar because its cool...

Fulysic
    Fulysic
    Participant

not sure if i can post here but will a NDA need to be signed or agreed to in some format just wondering from past testing experiences

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

@fulysic, yes for the alpha testing, there will be due to the fact that the game is still early in development. Thanks for asking!

mooseonsteroids
    Participant

When will alpha testing likely occur? Launch is expected in December, when will testing start?

Thanks,

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

We’re shooting for August, but nothing is guaranteed yet. It all depends on when enough content is ready for testing. More info will come soon

drewpark88
    Participant

This game looks great! As a software engineer, serial entrepreneur and gamer this is a fantasy lol. I want it now! Please put up early access asap!

– Drew

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  drewpark88.

Haxor
      Participant

They said they will 😀

WEB
        WEB
        Keymaster

Not early access, but there is a planned alpha demo coming soon. Stay tuned here for the update!

Haxor
          Participant

Yeah, I mean the demo 🙂
          I was tuned when the game was on Kickstarter, so hy wouldn’t I be hyped now?

LineLiar
    Participant

Can’t wait for the game! I hope it will be coming this August. Game looks very promising and right in my alley. You guys are doing a great job at it! 😉

Scc33
    Participant

This game looks creative, new, and fun. I can’t wait for it to be released!

Sithjedi
    Sithjedi
    Participant

as soon as i get payed i’m gonna so preorder the Founders club plus member

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thank you very much for your support! 🙂

Ghenghis
    Participant

would like to Alpha test this game when ready

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

It’s a possibility. I don’t want to give dates, but testing will come soon. The sheer scope of the game has proven difficult to project the time frame of the testing phase. More details to come…

Legopigman101
    Participant

Where do i sign up for alpha testing? 😛

WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

The sign ups will be on this website when it is ready to test. Stay tuned!

noobatit
    Participant

Dev Blogs show a promising game. I’m so excited about the game!
    Nice graphics, and they look like a high-end GPU won’t be necessary (I hope an Intel HD4000 will be enough).
    I love how the staff members have their own AI. It would be boring to send them home when they’re tired or make them take a break etc.

I hope the competitors are not dumb. One thing I hate about tycoon games is that, when you make enough money, there is no way to fail. Competitors won’t compete and just sit there and try to sell their things, not try to to research more and make a better product than my company.
    In case you did not think about this yet, a good way to make the competitor enjoyable is making a new competitor emerge with better or similar tech. Or maybe they forge partnerships. Or they release another product which would make your high tech seem uncool etc.
    I am aware that such competitors would be very difficult to create, especially if you are the only person developing the game. But here’s me, hoping you prove me so wrong that I wanna call you and apologize 😀

The other problem is that, they have limited years. This is probably a problem here as well. After all, how can you know what’s going to be developed after 2100 huh? Even if you knew that, you won’t know how the customers react to new stuff.

Will there be instances like when Microsoft released a tablet nobody cared and when Apple did the same everybody lost their minds? I mean, your company releases a glass prototype, people downplay it, then I release one and they like it: Situations like this?

Umm… Sign me up for that alpha or beta. I want to have some sleepless nights nowadays.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Great points here. I thought of all of this and the plan is to do exactly this. I am actually programming this in now. It’s a fun and obviously challenging process. There are so many things I want the AI to look at when it comes to the market, competitors and obviously the players decisions. I’m very, very optimistic about the complexity of the AI. There will indeed be instances where you can be ahead of your time and if you don’t incorporate proper marketing, development tactics, you might release a technical masterpiece, but the market may not be ready for it.

As I said if you like a challenge, it should be fun!

noobatit
        Participant

Now I’m more excited about this. I hope I don’t miss the testing phase alert 🙂

TravisB
    Participant

This game is going to be amazing!! Can’t wait until you open up the testing!

tektanium
    Participant

how can I get into testing could you please give me the details thank

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

The testing phase will be short, but it is coming soon. Right now, all of the systems of the game are being brought together so that there can be game progression, otherwise you really cannot test certain things in the game that need to be tested.

Stay tuned and patient, it is coming. 🙂

• Author
    StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Welcome to the Tech Executive Tycoon Website!
    To all who want to participate, please sign up to the newsletter on the side bar to the right. This will allow you to hear about the alpha testing phase.

Why is there an Alpha test?

The reason there will be a testing phase is so that some of the early bugs can be ironed out. The idea is to bug test throughout the entire process of the games development. The developer wants to release a bug free game and this is a big effort towards that goal.

If you want to be a tester, again sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about the sign up sheet that will be right here on the website. The sign up sheet will have anywhere from 50 to 250 slots for testing. Being the first to sign up gives you the best opportunity to test the game. Please sign up ONLY if you intend to test the game. If you only want to play the game, please do NOT sign up as the final game depends on people who are serious about finding bugs and reporting them.

Thank you very much for your interest in testing as we continue to try to create a great simulation/strategy/role playing game!

Fulysic
    Fulysic
    Participant

not sure if i can post here but will a NDA need to be signed or agreed to in some format just wondering from past testing experiences

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

@fulysic, yes for the alpha testing, there will be due to the fact that the game is still early in development. Thanks for asking!

mooseonsteroids
    Participant

When will alpha testing likely occur? Launch is expected in December, when will testing start?

Thanks,

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

We’re shooting for August, but nothing is guaranteed yet. It all depends on when enough content is ready for testing. More info will come soon

drewpark88
    Participant

This game looks great! As a software engineer, serial entrepreneur and gamer this is a fantasy lol. I want it now! Please put up early access asap!

– Drew

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  drewpark88.

Haxor
      Participant

They said they will 😀

WEB
        WEB
        Keymaster

Not early access, but there is a planned alpha demo coming soon. Stay tuned here for the update!

Haxor
          Participant

Yeah, I mean the demo 🙂
          I was tuned when the game was on Kickstarter, so hy wouldn’t I be hyped now?

LineLiar
    Participant

Can’t wait for the game! I hope it will be coming this August. Game looks very promising and right in my alley. You guys are doing a great job at it! 😉

Scc33
    Participant

This game looks creative, new, and fun. I can’t wait for it to be released!

Sithjedi
    Sithjedi
    Participant

as soon as i get payed i’m gonna so preorder the Founders club plus member

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thank you very much for your support! 🙂

Ghenghis
    Participant

would like to Alpha test this game when ready

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

It’s a possibility. I don’t want to give dates, but testing will come soon. The sheer scope of the game has proven difficult to project the time frame of the testing phase. More details to come…

Legopigman101
    Participant

Where do i sign up for alpha testing? 😛

WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

The sign ups will be on this website when it is ready to test. Stay tuned!

noobatit
    Participant

Dev Blogs show a promising game. I’m so excited about the game!
    Nice graphics, and they look like a high-end GPU won’t be necessary (I hope an Intel HD4000 will be enough).
    I love how the staff members have their own AI. It would be boring to send them home when they’re tired or make them take a break etc.

I hope the competitors are not dumb. One thing I hate about tycoon games is that, when you make enough money, there is no way to fail. Competitors won’t compete and just sit there and try to sell their things, not try to to research more and make a better product than my company.
    In case you did not think about this yet, a good way to make the competitor enjoyable is making a new competitor emerge with better or similar tech. Or maybe they forge partnerships. Or they release another product which would make your high tech seem uncool etc.
    I am aware that such competitors would be very difficult to create, especially if you are the only person developing the game. But here’s me, hoping you prove me so wrong that I wanna call you and apologize 😀

The other problem is that, they have limited years. This is probably a problem here as well. After all, how can you know what’s going to be developed after 2100 huh? Even if you knew that, you won’t know how the customers react to new stuff.

Will there be instances like when Microsoft released a tablet nobody cared and when Apple did the same everybody lost their minds? I mean, your company releases a glass prototype, people downplay it, then I release one and they like it: Situations like this?

Umm… Sign me up for that alpha or beta. I want to have some sleepless nights nowadays.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Great points here. I thought of all of this and the plan is to do exactly this. I am actually programming this in now. It’s a fun and obviously challenging process. There are so many things I want the AI to look at when it comes to the market, competitors and obviously the players decisions. I’m very, very optimistic about the complexity of the AI. There will indeed be instances where you can be ahead of your time and if you don’t incorporate proper marketing, development tactics, you might release a technical masterpiece, but the market may not be ready for it.

As I said if you like a challenge, it should be fun!

noobatit
        Participant

Now I’m more excited about this. I hope I don’t miss the testing phase alert 🙂

TravisB
    Participant

This game is going to be amazing!! Can’t wait until you open up the testing!

tektanium
    Participant

how can I get into testing could you please give me the details thank

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

The testing phase will be short, but it is coming soon. Right now, all of the systems of the game are being brought together so that there can be game progression, otherwise you really cannot test certain things in the game that need to be tested.

Stay tuned and patient, it is coming. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.