How much detail will be put into desiging things?

Home Forums Suggestions and feedback How much detail will be put into desiging things?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Haxor 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Entombment
    Participant

I am curios to what kind of detail will be put into having the design hardware. Are you going to have to design the parts that will be put into making ultimately your computer? Such as Proccessors and Graphics Cards? I am really hyped into what this game could turn out as. Are you going to be able to choose how powerful your compenents are?

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Hello Entombment, You will be selecting modules to add to a design. It is a combination of cosmetic things like color, casings, Hard Drives, Media drives, components input/output and etc… each type of product will have a different set of modules.

To your other question, yes, but you will have that option. Do you want to create the chipset? that is something that you can do alone if you want, but if you create chips, GPUs, CPUs, Hard Drives and such, then development cost would be lower if you ever decided to create a console or PC, because you can fit your own creations within them.

So to answer your question, yes. More info is coming soon about this, stay tuned!

I roar because its cool...

Haxor
    Participant

That would be epic!

JOSHUA LEON
    Participant

So,what you are saying means,we will have our own powerful components we designed our selves and putting them into a computer it is mere assembling with few cosmetic tweaks,right?
    Is there going to be testing department,or maybe some kind of contract with testing company?
    And,furthermore,is there going to be just designing components with sliders or more in depth?
    And how far game will be able to go forward in time?I mean,if it starts in 1980’s,when is,at least,theoretical end of game?Especially what interests me is what kind of end we can expect?Will it be possible to play indefinitely?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello Joshua, yes to almost all the things you asked. In the game as planned now, you will be able to create your own components. The components themselves will not be cosmetic or module based like the actual products (TV’s, Consoles, etc). You will determine how powerful they are, how modern they are, the specs if you will. That can then be used inside the other products you create. For example, if you want to create GPUs, you can do so, sell them to third parties and so on, but if you decide to create Consoles and/or PCs, you can fit them into your own products as well.

As far as a testing dept. yes, and the specifics will be up to you. In this game one aspect that you can expect to see a bit of is the ultimatum or choice between growing organically, or acquiring and using third parties. If you want, most of your business can outsource work, or you can do everything in-house. From customer service department, to engineering and research.

One aspect of research is the choice to buy technology from a outside research company or simply hire your own researchers to research the latest technology for you. The trade off will be cost vs convenience and exclusivity… things like that.

as far as time is concerned, I want the game to be able to be played indefinitely. Of course that means once you pass a certain point, you will be rehashing product designs, but I want to provide a way to keep adding modules in the form of DLC.

I’ll be honest, my goal is to allow modding, but I have a lot of work to do to make that a possibility and I have not assessed if that will be feasible just yet, but it is my desire.

Thanks for the questions!

Haxor
        Participant

Thats great, especially when game is made by one person!

• Author

Entombment
    Participant

I am curios to what kind of detail will be put into having the design hardware. Are you going to have to design the parts that will be put into making ultimately your computer? Such as Proccessors and Graphics Cards? I am really hyped into what this game could turn out as. Are you going to be able to choose how powerful your compenents are?

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Hello Entombment, You will be selecting modules to add to a design. It is a combination of cosmetic things like color, casings, Hard Drives, Media drives, components input/output and etc… each type of product will have a different set of modules.

To your other question, yes, but you will have that option. Do you want to create the chipset? that is something that you can do alone if you want, but if you create chips, GPUs, CPUs, Hard Drives and such, then development cost would be lower if you ever decided to create a console or PC, because you can fit your own creations within them.

So to answer your question, yes. More info is coming soon about this, stay tuned!

I roar because its cool...

Haxor
    Participant

That would be epic!

JOSHUA LEON
    Participant

So,what you are saying means,we will have our own powerful components we designed our selves and putting them into a computer it is mere assembling with few cosmetic tweaks,right?
    Is there going to be testing department,or maybe some kind of contract with testing company?
    And,furthermore,is there going to be just designing components with sliders or more in depth?
    And how far game will be able to go forward in time?I mean,if it starts in 1980’s,when is,at least,theoretical end of game?Especially what interests me is what kind of end we can expect?Will it be possible to play indefinitely?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello Joshua, yes to almost all the things you asked. In the game as planned now, you will be able to create your own components. The components themselves will not be cosmetic or module based like the actual products (TV’s, Consoles, etc). You will determine how powerful they are, how modern they are, the specs if you will. That can then be used inside the other products you create. For example, if you want to create GPUs, you can do so, sell them to third parties and so on, but if you decide to create Consoles and/or PCs, you can fit them into your own products as well.

As far as a testing dept. yes, and the specifics will be up to you. In this game one aspect that you can expect to see a bit of is the ultimatum or choice between growing organically, or acquiring and using third parties. If you want, most of your business can outsource work, or you can do everything in-house. From customer service department, to engineering and research.

One aspect of research is the choice to buy technology from a outside research company or simply hire your own researchers to research the latest technology for you. The trade off will be cost vs convenience and exclusivity… things like that.

as far as time is concerned, I want the game to be able to be played indefinitely. Of course that means once you pass a certain point, you will be rehashing product designs, but I want to provide a way to keep adding modules in the form of DLC.

I’ll be honest, my goal is to allow modding, but I have a lot of work to do to make that a possibility and I have not assessed if that will be feasible just yet, but it is my desire.

Thanks for the questions!

Haxor
        Participant

Thats great, especially when game is made by one person!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.