General Discussion

Home Forums General Discussion General Discussion

This topic contains 96 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  DaM1306 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

Hello everyone and thank you for visiting this website! If you are excited about the upcoming game “Tech Executive Tycoon” I want to hear it right here! Please feel free to discuss anything regarding the game in this area of the forums.

jacklowe
    Participant

Looks like the most appropriate place for this one. Well I am glad you found the suggestions made previously useful. Small confession of sorts, I really never watched more than a glimpse of your 4th dev blog saw the pretty graphics and read the concept both of which I liked very much. The newest dev blog is the first I actually watched. The suggestions made to date are fairly well constructed and detailed because they are not ideas for me. I have been considering getting into making games. In fact intend to buy game maker on Sat. mainly because it seems to be the best product to learn bare bones basics with, I’ll expand from there. Since Game Dev Tycoon came out I’ve been replaying many different econ based games, not just Game Dev. genre. I’ve been doing so with a more critical eye seeing what strengths and weaknesses each had all with an eye toward generating a strong conceptual plan to build a game of my own using this genre.

Until reading your latest dev blog I just watched mostly with interest. I also intended to keep most of my thoughts to myself. Seeing the latest video changed my mind for two reasons. First I saw how similar your direction in concept was to the one I was intending. Second and more importantly, I don’t yet have more than old programming skills from the 80’s and little of that. I do have some electronic tech experience from the Navy. So thus far most ideas are just that stuck in my head and with next to no one with the knowledge to criticize or develop them although I firmly believe they will make a very strong product, I don’t know. So I changed my mind. I would like to have a bit of that interaction to help mature my conceptual process, also I am very curious to see how some of the ideas will be received in a working game by the community, the ultimate test for sure. Either way more knowledge, refinement and experience of any sort is good in my eyes.

In the end best I could do with game maker would be something along the lines of a Game Biz 3 type model I’m thinking. Much more emphasis on exceptional game play and concepts than on art. Your product looks as though it could incorporate both and do it very well. Seeing it succeed would be a good booster, and since this for me would be more of a learning stepping stone to other goals this seems to work well for me as I develop other skills I’ll need.

Hope I can be of help

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

jacklowe, I’d be glad for you to offer your support and assistance. Please continue to share your ideas. I will be willing to hear them and incorporate them as long as they stay within the vision for the game. I sincerely appreciate you offering your help. I believe it is always good to look at things from multiple perspectives. I am eager to hear more of your ideas.

Right now I am focused heavily on the mechanics of the game, HUD & UI as well as the scenes and screens. Soon I’ll be moving entirely to the minute details of the AI and logic of the game. Some of this has been entered in as you’ve seen, but there is much more to add in.

Again, I appreciate anything you add from your expertise! I’ll always welcome input and ideas, it can only help me make the game better.

jacklowe
    Participant

I’ll do my best to deduce your vision, direction and scope, best I may, from the information you’ve already provided and stay within those parameters. It’s actually a very flexible genre, capable of being depicted in multiple ways successfully, makes life easy. I’ll put on my to do list a careful study of all the information and video’s thus far and give whatever assistance I may emphasizing on the current focus point. Thank you for the warm reply.

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, I couldn’t find out on how to start a new topic, so I will post this here. On the Greenheart Games forum Aswin Vos is going around telling they are now partnered up with you on developing Tech Executive Tycoon. He calls himself (and probably some friends) Soxor Studios. I’d like some sort of verification for this, just telling me it is actually true or something would be enough of course.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello LineLiar, there aren’t any other companies creating Tech Executive Tycoon other than WEB Gaming Entertainment. Some other individuals/organizations have offered their services to assist in different capacities, but nothing has been agreed upon or made official at this point. I apologize for any confusion.

SnowyOwl47
    Participant

I agree with LineLair, i have also sent this guy, i just want to know if anyone that is a “Company” called Soxor studios, i want to know if he has contacted you at all?

SnowyOwl47
    Participant

Also, if he is working with you, his companies not official and he’s “Giving” away all info about when its getting released and about demos and stuff.

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/tech-executive-tycoon/12348/14
    Check that out ^^^^

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, thank you for clearing this up. Seems like the guy seriously is a faker. I didn’t think you would’ve teamed up with him anyway, but just wanted to get it confirmed. Thanks for the answer and stay rockin’ with this awesome game! ^^

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

In fairness, I have been contacted by someone referencing that company. No credentials have been exchanged so I cannot verify or confirm the company’s identity. All conversations up to this point have been informal. I can say that if there will ever be any collaborations or partnerships with any company or individual, it will be made official on this website or http://webgament.com. Any other references to partnerships or collaborations you hear elsewhere are completely false until confirmed here.

I appreciate you both bringing this to my attention!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

LineLiar, you are very welcome!

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, after reading your last reply still wanted to clear this up for you: they are officially NOT a company, although they call themselves that most of the time. On the forum he calls himself an indie development group, which is a lot more accurate to what they seriously are. I hope I cleared that up for you. 🙂

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

From conversations with him, I understood all along. There was never any partnership established. I think he learned from this mishap though and I hope the best for him. I think excitement does these sort of things, and thats ok, most importantly when he acknowledged his wrong. He owned up to it and apologized, even to me.

Thanks again!

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, you’re welcome. Have a nice day and keep rockin’!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I will! make sure you do the same! 🙂

Legopigman101
    Participant

@WEB , Are you accepting any game testers?.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

@Legopogman, I will be very soon. Sign up to the newsletter and you’ll be one of the first to know when I put up the sign up sheet for alpha testers. That will happen within the next 2-3 months.

So the short answer is yes!

Entombment
    Participant

Hi lineliar this is minus 🙂

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, I’ll sign up immediately! :p
    I simply can’t wait till end this year.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks LineLiar! and that makes two of us! 🙂

I can’t wait to have the game made available to you

Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Hi, hows it going.

Just in here to say hi!

My name is Peter, I’m 16 and I have been following WEB Gaming Central for along time now, been there since the beginning of things! I love games and have my steam profile and teamspeak server listed below
    *NON-PROFIT & Non-Mandatory*

Teamspeak: ts26.gameservers.com:9111
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SporgasmoSteam

Come join me on my teamspeak to chat and have a good time, and/or add me on steam to play a few games.
    Thank you!
    Peter-

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thank you Peter for your dedication! It means alot! I hope the game is everything you expect it to be, can’t wait until it releases

Haxor
    Participant

Whaaat? 2-3 Months? For Alpha? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:
    Please, hire some kids for 2$ per year, this will speed up developement process!
    I Can’t wait and I have signed up for Newsletter too.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Haxor, lol, in today’s world, I don’t know many kids that will cut the grass for anything less than $50 so I think my chances at hiring anyone for $2 a “year” is gonna fly. In fact, I would probably need to dodge some random projectiles after giving such an offer, lol.

Thanks! and thanks for the laugh

Entombment
        Participant

Lol i’d do that. I am poor boy

TravisB
    Participant

Hello there, I’m super excited for this game. Do you know when the alpha will be released? I don’t mean an exact date, but maybe a month?

Thanks!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I am very happy that you are excited about the game!

If I had to guess the month exactly, I’d say July or August. I don’t want to give false hope though as it could come later or even much earlier. I will definitely do my best to keep you all updated for sure though.

Haxor
    Participant

I Have an question, how much people is working on the game? Or is Web Gaming Entertaiment only one man company?

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

@haxor, yes Walter (WEB) is the only developer working on the game. The company has a few individuals, but as far as programming and working on the actual game, that is WEB only.

I roar because its cool...

Haxor
    Participant

Thanks, now I know why developement is going pretty slow sometimes, but It’s good, because he has more time to work on game, so It will be better.

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

Indeed, games take a long time to make with a team, so being the only developer makes that time-table a little bit longer. The release date is in December and everything so far seems to be on par with that date. Anything can happen from now until then, but so far so good.

Fulysic
    Fulysic
    Participant

Keep up the awesome work good things come to those who wait i do my best to spread the word

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Hello Fulysic!

Thank you very much, I am sure that would help very much!

JOSHUA LEON
    Participant

i have subscribed and i am hoping to get my hands on test demo…
    Can you give general system requirements
    I personally am not worried,my system is pretty decent,but for those with older computers…

Haxor
      Participant

There are minimal specs on game’s site on Steam.
      And, they may still change.

WEB
        WEB
        Keymaster

This. I want the game to be playable on as many PCs as possible onviously and I hope to achieve that. I am always finding and looking for ways to make sure it is.

I’ll keep you posted. The specs on steam will most likely change. Hopefully for the better

noobatit
    Participant

I went ahead and did something I never did. Donated to an unfinished product. This is how excited I am about the game.
    I donated an amount which should give me the deluxe version.

I have a Mac, and I see that you are trying to make it work on most of the systems, so that is nice of you.

This kind of game is what I was expecting for a long time. There are good games in this genre, but they either lack the depth or the eye-candy factor. From the looks of it, I guess I’ll be happy to have the game.

Also, you should tell in the donation page what normal and deluxe versions are. The page does not specify the difference between the two versions. Although I went with the deluxe version because I wanted to support you as much as I can, but people would expect to know the difference.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks Noobatit!

The breakdown for the different versions of the game will come soon. I apologize for that inconvenience. Once again I thank you for your support! It is greatly appreciated!

Haxor
    Participant

And what will you be able to develop?

You’ll start with components, right?
    What then? TVs, Cellphones, Computers, Consoles?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Haxor.
      WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello Haxor, the idea is to give you a choice, but the initial investment for creating the different types of products will vary. This will be a heavy factor when deciding how to start out. Do you build components then expand into the other markets or do you start big and hope for a early crowd pleasing product that can carry you right away into high notoriety. That is the goal, to allow you to have choice in how you build your company.

Haxor
        Participant

So you can start with safier, Components, which will sell good for almost 100% or some bigger things, that can fail, but if not you can earn more?
        Epic!

But I mean what things exactly can we develop.
        So I know about the Components, TVs, CellPhones, Computers and Consoles. Is there anything else, or less?

WEB
          WEB
          Keymaster

Nothing less, there will be more things. Consoles, games, components, TVs, CellPhones, Computers, Computer-like devices (Tablets, handhelds, ipods, and more).

Not all will be ready at launch, but will be added as DLC or just added at a later date. I do not plan to nickel and dime the gamer. Most will be free.

ch_lemr73
    Participant

Looks like a forum spammer broke in 🙁

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

We’re on top of it… worry not 🙂

Haxor
    Participant

The game looks amazing!
    Thought I really would need tutorial for it..

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks! I plan to make it as easy to jump right in and play as possible. Being business and technology though, I can understand the learning curve needed to really grasp the concepts of the game. Again though I plan to provide helpful documentation and video to help those who find it challenging and intimidating.

Haxor
    Participant

Will there be some kind of tutorial before the Alpha version D: ?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes I will be providing some idea of how to play the game at this stage. By the time the game releases there will be more gameplay features that will help with the learning of how to play the game. For the testing phase though, those features will not be in yet. In fact a lot of the games features will be missing for the initial testing phase.

Chrolic
    Participant

I cant write code, design, or do anything in the procces of making a game.

Thats why im really looking forward to testing the game and do the only thing i can do to help this game on the way to glory: provide feedback.

when you release the game for testing, what do you expect from the ones testing it?
    Feedback, of course, but how heavy?
    are we just going all in, or do you want to focus specific areas of the game?

mandatory smiley :^)

forcemaster101
    Participant

Very excited for this game to be released! Hopefully I’ll be able to participate in alpha testing!

Scc33
    Participant

I think that this game is looks awesome!!! How is the game development coming along?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

It’s coming along great. The release date has been pushed back a bit, but that is to make the game even better. Currently adding more things into the game and will have it ready mid 2015

jbernady8
    Participant

has there been any updates about the game? I noticed the last update was on August 25

Arcademan
    Participant

Tonight I found Tech Executive Tycoon advertise through Steam and I, like many others, am keen to see the finished product as it looks an awesome game.

I noticed you stopped donations as the release date was due later this year but now that the release date has been put back are you considering (or would you consider) putting back the option to donate to support your development.

I love the management / tycoon type game genre and there just aren’t enough good ones out there anymore.

From what I have seen so far, this game would be right up my street and I would like to show support and hopefully help you produce the game that this promises to be.

Have I missed the opportunity to support or is this something you will rethink?

I look forward to your comments.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks Arcademan! The page for donations is still live and the rewards are still available. I will give an update on this in the coming weeks. Thanks for considering to offer support, I do not take it lightly at all!

Meanwhile the donation page is here

Scc33
    Participant

Are you going to release any more dev blogs?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes there will be one coming tomorrow. 🙂

ltl king
      Participant

How to delete this post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  ltl king.

ch_lemr73
    Participant

… and yet another spam hit this forum.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Taken care of. My apologies, spammers get bored often it seems.

jbernady8
    Participant

We have spammers again

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I just took care of it. 🙂

noobatit
    Participant

I made some suggestions in the other thread while I was trying to express that I am excited for the game lol.

Here is another: I realize we can develop games, software and hardware. How about we upgrade our work tools using our products? For example, we can write an IDE or even invent a new language and use it ourselves to make better products; or make it mandatory to use the software/hardware developed by us when we outsource something; And maybe we can upgrade our computers when we manage to make a better CPU or GPU. Decrease costs, stay up to date, show the consumer that you trust your products etc. We can even test it in our offices and make this appear on the news.

Are you planning to make a story mode where the user is given objectives, side objectives and optional objectives etc.?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes this is in the game. You will be able to use your own products. I’m currently working on different ways to implement this.

kkk2002
    Participant

Hi,

About when do you plan to drop out a playable demo?
    Thanks.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I don’t have an exact day at the moment, but it will be soon. It will be for testing purposes though

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by WEB WEB.

TravisB
        Participant

Very cool, can’t wait!! 😀

rohwedder
    Participant

Hi

I have a question about the game.

Will there be any possibility to play the game in ‘online mode’, so you can compete against other players, and their companies and products?

Best Regards
    Martin Rohwedder

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

If this does get added in, it will be after release. For release it will just be a single player experience. I have planned for it to be multiplayer though, but due to time constraints, it is something I would have to add at a later date.

Boris911
    Participant

Hello,
    I have suggestion to this game. Well, I would like ask you if it will may be on this game?

When I will have (in the game) e.g. company which will create mobile phones (and firmware for it). Do you plan add to game possibility that programmers will create OTA upgrades for my goods after any research?

I mean that e.g. when Apple start sell first iPhone, it haven’t MMS messages support. And after that it got it with new iOS (via OTA update).

Well, this feature in the game could be good.

brodogger81
      Participant

Sounds like a good idea!

brodogger81
    Participant

Hello! I am very excited about this game, and I just found out about it a few hours ago! Anyways, I am going to assume that you are able to make your own OS(s), and I was just wondering if you are able to restrict who is able to use the OS, and who is allowed to use it in their own products that they sell. Same for when you make CPUs and GPUs. I am planning on making my OS that I use for my products to be limited to my products only, and once I move on to making my own parts instead of using parts from other companies, I plan on keeping them to my products only too. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it, and I can’t wait until June!

Boris911
      Participant

Yes! That is really good idea!

Boris911
    Participant

My next suggestions are in right topic forum (suggestions-and-feedback): http://techexecutivetycoon.com/?topic=suggestions-and-feedback/#post-966

zach
    Participant

is this game out yet and if not how do i preorder

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

The game is not out yet, preordering is not available yet, but will be soon.

TravisB
    Participant

Is this game still going to happen? There hasn’t been any news for awhile, I hope its still being worked on!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes the game is absolutely happening. As I have mentioned we have our heads down pushing toward getting the game done. This game is happened without a doubt, so worry not my friend.

More updates coming very soon!

TravisB
    Participant

Any release date in mind yet? I am hoping for this month! Keep up the great work, I can’t wait to play!

Sithjedi
    Sithjedi
    Participant

I cant wait for this game it looks like a lot of fun

ltl king
    Participant

Thanks Arcademan! The page for donations is still live and the rewards are still available. I will give an update on this in the coming weeks. Thanks for considering to offer support, I do not take it lightly at all!

Is this still active. I clicked the link and it showed
    “This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Password:

This post is password protected. Enter the password to view any comments.”
    on the left side and name and other things on right.
    I tried to enter password but it doesn’t seem to work.

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Any idea of a release date? hoping this month so excited for this game looks awesome and will we be able to pre-order the game?
    want to buy it now!

Thanks

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

No solid release date yet, but we are looking at late 2015

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Will there be a Dev blog 17 video?

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Can’t wait for much longer, i want this game now!

Boris911
    Participant

Hello,
    how is it look with release this game, please? May be release it up to this Christmas (2015), please?

I thank you very much for your answer, before.

kkk2002
    Participant

Release for Christmas?

Lukreaner
    Participant

I hope this game will be released in 2015

kkk2002
    Participant

Hi…

Release 2014. None…
    Release mid late 2015. None…
    Release 2016???

You should release it in Early Access…

Azhrei
    Participant

What’s going on with the site? There haven’t been any updates in weeks.

DocPaul
    Participant

howdy all

jsfreitas
    Participant

Hey guy! You’re doing an excelente job! I’m new here and read all articles published before and I draw some conclusions: your game is amazing and I’m so excited to play it! I’m a business in-depth lover gamer I have some suggestions for you:

1) Commercialize per city is so strange and unreal, because it’s unthinkable Apple sales their products only 34 cities around the world. Indeed, you can create a demand x supply per country, maybe more country than you had implemented in the game. But the 34 cities still remain to settle offices, factories, etc.

2) Will be possible to hire regional executives, like in the headquarters you have a CEO worldwide and in the Shangai you have a Asian CEO? If not, please consider this in the final game, because managers in this place must to report for this guys.

3) Will have more based employees than you showed? Because in my opinion, some employees classified in this level are not adequate, because they are skilled.

4) Will have a maximum number employees you can have? I strongly suggest you don’t put any limits on this matter, because giant business have thousand employees, this is realistic.

5) Wil have different levels career in the game for one position? Like an sênior, intermediate ou junior marketing analyst? Or Sênior Vice President? It’s important to consider this in order to be more realistic and give possibilities for your employees to grow in your company. Each level might have diferent salary rank.

6) Will have a business university program in the game you as CEO can implement in the company? This must have the function to graduate and master graduate the employees and increase their skills and allow a based employee grow in the piramid.

7) Will have a IT department that develop software to run in our company for different purpose like a financial system, marketing system, etc? I suggest put it, because it will be more realistic.

8) Will be possible to set the budget for department and set a budget to raise salaries and promote employees? It might be in the game, because it’s realistic and you can use it for increase employees happiness, productivy and employees reputation.

9) I suggest for you some positions inclusion in the game and their function in the company:

9.1 You must review the financial role, because financial account is innacurate.
    9.2 You should create a collector agent and he works to collect the retails for product solds for their in order they distribute in the market. We know in real life that no all companies pay their bills on date 🙂
    9.2 You should create a treasury agent, he works to pay bills and invest cash surplus to earn interest and take a loan when you have a cash deficit. Other function is to plan the cash flow in order to pay all bills on date. You as CEO might suggest a bills paying policy like pay all bills antecipated, on date or delayed. In collector policy implement a agressive collection that harms your relation with your distribution, or offers discounts in order to receive the delayed money.
    9.3 You should create purchaser position, his job is buy and negotiate contracts with suppliers in order to reduce overhead, lease and shipping costs.
    9.4 You should create a new business agent who negotiate and take more better agreements in service contracts that other company wants to contract your company to provide.
    9.5 You should create a legal department and their job is to review and write contracts, agreements and defend your company in lawsuits, in bids to contract a new supplier or new service contract your company will provide.
    9.6 The financlal account will must have the assential function to account all assets and liability and the balance sheet.
    9.7 You should consider to create a process and project analyst who promote design and re-design the process in your company and increase their productivity and reduce costs.
    9.8 You should consider to create a auditor and fraud prevent analyst who will investigate and audit everything in order to reduce scandal and preserve your reputation.
    9.9 You should consider to create a compliance analyst who will analyze the impact and will ensure your company is compling all legal obligations.
    9.10 You should consider to create a payroll analyst who will pay salaries and benefits for all your employees.
    9.11 You should consider to create a secretary or assistant position who will help and reduce administrative charge on managers and executives.
    9.12 You should consider for all this positions have the respective manager, for example purchaser manager, collector manager, etc.
    9.13 You should consider to create a IT developer who can works internal purpose or product purpose, who will develop systems for internal use or will participate in the new product creation.

I think is all. I must admitt for you that in the world I never find a realist business simulation, neither capitalism, neither WSR, or other, all don’t have the necessary in-depth simulation that attend my standarts, I’m confident this game will be.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello! Thanks for the great list of suggestions. Some will be in the game and others may be coming after the release of the game. Some things however was too detailed for the game because at the end of the day, it is a game, and I didn’t want to get too realistic as to alienate some gamers. this is however a great balancing act, because I do want it to be as realistic as possible. Once again, thanks so much for the suggestions. I like them all and it makes great sense, but my job overall is to find that balance between realism and fun, easy to grasp and entertaining gameplay.

piro00
    Participant

Do you think it will be released anytime in december?
    Do you know the price? More less?

DaM1306
    Participant

Hi! Nice idea, will follow your project! May I ask, are you using your own technology or some kind of prefab engine for such an ambient?

jbernady8
    Participant

I don’t understand your post. It just looks like random words to me.

WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

Yes there will be 🙂

• Author
    WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

Hello everyone and thank you for visiting this website! If you are excited about the upcoming game “Tech Executive Tycoon” I want to hear it right here! Please feel free to discuss anything regarding the game in this area of the forums.

jacklowe
    Participant

Looks like the most appropriate place for this one. Well I am glad you found the suggestions made previously useful. Small confession of sorts, I really never watched more than a glimpse of your 4th dev blog saw the pretty graphics and read the concept both of which I liked very much. The newest dev blog is the first I actually watched. The suggestions made to date are fairly well constructed and detailed because they are not ideas for me. I have been considering getting into making games. In fact intend to buy game maker on Sat. mainly because it seems to be the best product to learn bare bones basics with, I’ll expand from there. Since Game Dev Tycoon came out I’ve been replaying many different econ based games, not just Game Dev. genre. I’ve been doing so with a more critical eye seeing what strengths and weaknesses each had all with an eye toward generating a strong conceptual plan to build a game of my own using this genre.

Until reading your latest dev blog I just watched mostly with interest. I also intended to keep most of my thoughts to myself. Seeing the latest video changed my mind for two reasons. First I saw how similar your direction in concept was to the one I was intending. Second and more importantly, I don’t yet have more than old programming skills from the 80’s and little of that. I do have some electronic tech experience from the Navy. So thus far most ideas are just that stuck in my head and with next to no one with the knowledge to criticize or develop them although I firmly believe they will make a very strong product, I don’t know. So I changed my mind. I would like to have a bit of that interaction to help mature my conceptual process, also I am very curious to see how some of the ideas will be received in a working game by the community, the ultimate test for sure. Either way more knowledge, refinement and experience of any sort is good in my eyes.

In the end best I could do with game maker would be something along the lines of a Game Biz 3 type model I’m thinking. Much more emphasis on exceptional game play and concepts than on art. Your product looks as though it could incorporate both and do it very well. Seeing it succeed would be a good booster, and since this for me would be more of a learning stepping stone to other goals this seems to work well for me as I develop other skills I’ll need.

Hope I can be of help

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

jacklowe, I’d be glad for you to offer your support and assistance. Please continue to share your ideas. I will be willing to hear them and incorporate them as long as they stay within the vision for the game. I sincerely appreciate you offering your help. I believe it is always good to look at things from multiple perspectives. I am eager to hear more of your ideas.

Right now I am focused heavily on the mechanics of the game, HUD & UI as well as the scenes and screens. Soon I’ll be moving entirely to the minute details of the AI and logic of the game. Some of this has been entered in as you’ve seen, but there is much more to add in.

Again, I appreciate anything you add from your expertise! I’ll always welcome input and ideas, it can only help me make the game better.

jacklowe
    Participant

I’ll do my best to deduce your vision, direction and scope, best I may, from the information you’ve already provided and stay within those parameters. It’s actually a very flexible genre, capable of being depicted in multiple ways successfully, makes life easy. I’ll put on my to do list a careful study of all the information and video’s thus far and give whatever assistance I may emphasizing on the current focus point. Thank you for the warm reply.

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, I couldn’t find out on how to start a new topic, so I will post this here. On the Greenheart Games forum Aswin Vos is going around telling they are now partnered up with you on developing Tech Executive Tycoon. He calls himself (and probably some friends) Soxor Studios. I’d like some sort of verification for this, just telling me it is actually true or something would be enough of course.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello LineLiar, there aren’t any other companies creating Tech Executive Tycoon other than WEB Gaming Entertainment. Some other individuals/organizations have offered their services to assist in different capacities, but nothing has been agreed upon or made official at this point. I apologize for any confusion.

SnowyOwl47
    Participant

I agree with LineLair, i have also sent this guy, i just want to know if anyone that is a “Company” called Soxor studios, i want to know if he has contacted you at all?

SnowyOwl47
    Participant

Also, if he is working with you, his companies not official and he’s “Giving” away all info about when its getting released and about demos and stuff.

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/tech-executive-tycoon/12348/14
    Check that out ^^^^

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, thank you for clearing this up. Seems like the guy seriously is a faker. I didn’t think you would’ve teamed up with him anyway, but just wanted to get it confirmed. Thanks for the answer and stay rockin’ with this awesome game! ^^

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

In fairness, I have been contacted by someone referencing that company. No credentials have been exchanged so I cannot verify or confirm the company’s identity. All conversations up to this point have been informal. I can say that if there will ever be any collaborations or partnerships with any company or individual, it will be made official on this website or http://webgament.com. Any other references to partnerships or collaborations you hear elsewhere are completely false until confirmed here.

I appreciate you both bringing this to my attention!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

LineLiar, you are very welcome!

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, after reading your last reply still wanted to clear this up for you: they are officially NOT a company, although they call themselves that most of the time. On the forum he calls himself an indie development group, which is a lot more accurate to what they seriously are. I hope I cleared that up for you. 🙂

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

From conversations with him, I understood all along. There was never any partnership established. I think he learned from this mishap though and I hope the best for him. I think excitement does these sort of things, and thats ok, most importantly when he acknowledged his wrong. He owned up to it and apologized, even to me.

Thanks again!

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, you’re welcome. Have a nice day and keep rockin’!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I will! make sure you do the same! 🙂

Legopigman101
    Participant

@WEB , Are you accepting any game testers?.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

@Legopogman, I will be very soon. Sign up to the newsletter and you’ll be one of the first to know when I put up the sign up sheet for alpha testers. That will happen within the next 2-3 months.

So the short answer is yes!

Entombment
    Participant

Hi lineliar this is minus 🙂

LineLiar
    Participant

@WEB, I’ll sign up immediately! :p
    I simply can’t wait till end this year.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks LineLiar! and that makes two of us! 🙂

I can’t wait to have the game made available to you

Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Hi, hows it going.

Just in here to say hi!

My name is Peter, I’m 16 and I have been following WEB Gaming Central for along time now, been there since the beginning of things! I love games and have my steam profile and teamspeak server listed below
    *NON-PROFIT & Non-Mandatory*

Teamspeak: ts26.gameservers.com:9111
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SporgasmoSteam

Come join me on my teamspeak to chat and have a good time, and/or add me on steam to play a few games.
    Thank you!
    Peter-

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thank you Peter for your dedication! It means alot! I hope the game is everything you expect it to be, can’t wait until it releases

Haxor
    Participant

Whaaat? 2-3 Months? For Alpha? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:
    Please, hire some kids for 2$ per year, this will speed up developement process!
    I Can’t wait and I have signed up for Newsletter too.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Haxor, lol, in today’s world, I don’t know many kids that will cut the grass for anything less than $50 so I think my chances at hiring anyone for $2 a “year” is gonna fly. In fact, I would probably need to dodge some random projectiles after giving such an offer, lol.

Thanks! and thanks for the laugh

Entombment
        Participant

Lol i’d do that. I am poor boy

TravisB
    Participant

Hello there, I’m super excited for this game. Do you know when the alpha will be released? I don’t mean an exact date, but maybe a month?

Thanks!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I am very happy that you are excited about the game!

If I had to guess the month exactly, I’d say July or August. I don’t want to give false hope though as it could come later or even much earlier. I will definitely do my best to keep you all updated for sure though.

Haxor
    Participant

I Have an question, how much people is working on the game? Or is Web Gaming Entertaiment only one man company?

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

@haxor, yes Walter (WEB) is the only developer working on the game. The company has a few individuals, but as far as programming and working on the actual game, that is WEB only.

Haxor
    Participant

Thanks, now I know why developement is going pretty slow sometimes, but It’s good, because he has more time to work on game, so It will be better.

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

Indeed, games take a long time to make with a team, so being the only developer makes that time-table a little bit longer. The release date is in December and everything so far seems to be on par with that date. Anything can happen from now until then, but so far so good.

Fulysic
    Fulysic
    Participant

Keep up the awesome work good things come to those who wait i do my best to spread the word

StratGamer4567
    StratGamer4567

Hello Fulysic!

Thank you very much, I am sure that would help very much!

JOSHUA LEON
    Participant

i have subscribed and i am hoping to get my hands on test demo…
    Can you give general system requirements
    I personally am not worried,my system is pretty decent,but for those with older computers…

Haxor
      Participant

There are minimal specs on game’s site on Steam.
      And, they may still change.

WEB
        WEB
        Keymaster

This. I want the game to be playable on as many PCs as possible onviously and I hope to achieve that. I am always finding and looking for ways to make sure it is.

I’ll keep you posted. The specs on steam will most likely change. Hopefully for the better

noobatit
    Participant

I went ahead and did something I never did. Donated to an unfinished product. This is how excited I am about the game.
    I donated an amount which should give me the deluxe version.

I have a Mac, and I see that you are trying to make it work on most of the systems, so that is nice of you.

This kind of game is what I was expecting for a long time. There are good games in this genre, but they either lack the depth or the eye-candy factor. From the looks of it, I guess I’ll be happy to have the game.

Also, you should tell in the donation page what normal and deluxe versions are. The page does not specify the difference between the two versions. Although I went with the deluxe version because I wanted to support you as much as I can, but people would expect to know the difference.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks Noobatit!

The breakdown for the different versions of the game will come soon. I apologize for that inconvenience. Once again I thank you for your support! It is greatly appreciated!

Haxor
    Participant

And what will you be able to develop?

You’ll start with components, right?
    What then? TVs, Cellphones, Computers, Consoles?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Haxor.
      WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello Haxor, the idea is to give you a choice, but the initial investment for creating the different types of products will vary. This will be a heavy factor when deciding how to start out. Do you build components then expand into the other markets or do you start big and hope for a early crowd pleasing product that can carry you right away into high notoriety. That is the goal, to allow you to have choice in how you build your company.

Haxor
        Participant

So you can start with safier, Components, which will sell good for almost 100% or some bigger things, that can fail, but if not you can earn more?
        Epic!

But I mean what things exactly can we develop.
        So I know about the Components, TVs, CellPhones, Computers and Consoles. Is there anything else, or less?

WEB
          WEB
          Keymaster

Nothing less, there will be more things. Consoles, games, components, TVs, CellPhones, Computers, Computer-like devices (Tablets, handhelds, ipods, and more).

Not all will be ready at launch, but will be added as DLC or just added at a later date. I do not plan to nickel and dime the gamer. Most will be free.

ch_lemr73
    Participant

Looks like a forum spammer broke in 🙁

StratGamer4567
      StratGamer4567

We’re on top of it… worry not 🙂

Haxor
    Participant

The game looks amazing!
    Thought I really would need tutorial for it..

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Thanks! I plan to make it as easy to jump right in and play as possible. Being business and technology though, I can understand the learning curve needed to really grasp the concepts of the game. Again though I plan to provide helpful documentation and video to help those who find it challenging and intimidating.

Haxor
    Participant

Will there be some kind of tutorial before the Alpha version D: ?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes I will be providing some idea of how to play the game at this stage. By the time the game releases there will be more gameplay features that will help with the learning of how to play the game. For the testing phase though, those features will not be in yet. In fact a lot of the games features will be missing for the initial testing phase.

Chrolic
    Participant

I cant write code, design, or do anything in the procces of making a game.

Thats why im really looking forward to testing the game and do the only thing i can do to help this game on the way to glory: provide feedback.

when you release the game for testing, what do you expect from the ones testing it?
    Feedback, of course, but how heavy?
    are we just going all in, or do you want to focus specific areas of the game?

mandatory smiley :^)

forcemaster101
    Participant

Very excited for this game to be released! Hopefully I’ll be able to participate in alpha testing!

Scc33
    Participant

I think that this game is looks awesome!!! How is the game development coming along?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

It’s coming along great. The release date has been pushed back a bit, but that is to make the game even better. Currently adding more things into the game and will have it ready mid 2015

jbernady8
    Participant

has there been any updates about the game? I noticed the last update was on August 25

Arcademan
    Participant

Tonight I found Tech Executive Tycoon advertise through Steam and I, like many others, am keen to see the finished product as it looks an awesome game.

I noticed you stopped donations as the release date was due later this year but now that the release date has been put back are you considering (or would you consider) putting back the option to donate to support your development.

I love the management / tycoon type game genre and there just aren’t enough good ones out there anymore.

From what I have seen so far, this game would be right up my street and I would like to show support and hopefully help you produce the game that this promises to be.

Have I missed the opportunity to support or is this something you will rethink?

I look forward to your comments.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Scc33
    Participant

Are you going to release any more dev blogs?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes there will be one coming tomorrow. 🙂

ltl king
      Participant

How to delete this post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  ltl king.

ch_lemr73
    Participant

… and yet another spam hit this forum.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Taken care of. My apologies, spammers get bored often it seems.

jbernady8
    Participant

We have spammers again

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I just took care of it. 🙂

noobatit
    Participant

I made some suggestions in the other thread while I was trying to express that I am excited for the game lol.

Here is another: I realize we can develop games, software and hardware. How about we upgrade our work tools using our products? For example, we can write an IDE or even invent a new language and use it ourselves to make better products; or make it mandatory to use the software/hardware developed by us when we outsource something; And maybe we can upgrade our computers when we manage to make a better CPU or GPU. Decrease costs, stay up to date, show the consumer that you trust your products etc. We can even test it in our offices and make this appear on the news.

Are you planning to make a story mode where the user is given objectives, side objectives and optional objectives etc.?

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes this is in the game. You will be able to use your own products. I’m currently working on different ways to implement this.

kkk2002
    Participant

Hi,

About when do you plan to drop out a playable demo?
    Thanks.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

I don’t have an exact day at the moment, but it will be soon. It will be for testing purposes though

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by WEB WEB.

TravisB
        Participant

Very cool, can’t wait!! 😀

rohwedder
    Participant

Hi

I have a question about the game.

Will there be any possibility to play the game in ‘online mode’, so you can compete against other players, and their companies and products?

Best Regards
    Martin Rohwedder

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

If this does get added in, it will be after release. For release it will just be a single player experience. I have planned for it to be multiplayer though, but due to time constraints, it is something I would have to add at a later date.

Boris911
    Participant

Hello,
    I have suggestion to this game. Well, I would like ask you if it will may be on this game?

When I will have (in the game) e.g. company which will create mobile phones (and firmware for it). Do you plan add to game possibility that programmers will create OTA upgrades for my goods after any research?

I mean that e.g. when Apple start sell first iPhone, it haven’t MMS messages support. And after that it got it with new iOS (via OTA update).

Well, this feature in the game could be good.

brodogger81
      Participant

Sounds like a good idea!

brodogger81
    Participant

Hello! I am very excited about this game, and I just found out about it a few hours ago! Anyways, I am going to assume that you are able to make your own OS(s), and I was just wondering if you are able to restrict who is able to use the OS, and who is allowed to use it in their own products that they sell. Same for when you make CPUs and GPUs. I am planning on making my OS that I use for my products to be limited to my products only, and once I move on to making my own parts instead of using parts from other companies, I plan on keeping them to my products only too. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it, and I can’t wait until June!

Boris911
      Participant

Yes! That is really good idea!

Boris911
    Participant

My next suggestions are in right topic forum (suggestions-and-feedback): http://techexecutivetycoon.com/?topic=suggestions-and-feedback/#post-966

zach
    Participant

is this game out yet and if not how do i preorder

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

The game is not out yet, preordering is not available yet, but will be soon.

TravisB
    Participant

Is this game still going to happen? There hasn’t been any news for awhile, I hope its still being worked on!

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Yes the game is absolutely happening. As I have mentioned we have our heads down pushing toward getting the game done. This game is happened without a doubt, so worry not my friend.

More updates coming very soon!

TravisB
    Participant

Any release date in mind yet? I am hoping for this month! Keep up the great work, I can’t wait to play!

Sithjedi
    Sithjedi
    Participant

I cant wait for this game it looks like a lot of fun

ltl king
    Participant

Is this still active. I clicked the link and it showed
    “This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Password:

This post is password protected. Enter the password to view any comments.”
    on the left side and name and other things on right.
    I tried to enter password but it doesn’t seem to work.

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Any idea of a release date? hoping this month so excited for this game looks awesome and will we be able to pre-order the game?
    want to buy it now!

Thanks

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

No solid release date yet, but we are looking at late 2015

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Will there be a Dev blog 17 video?

danherb99
    danherb99
    Participant

Can’t wait for much longer, i want this game now!

Boris911
    Participant

Hello,
    how is it look with release this game, please? May be release it up to this Christmas (2015), please?

I thank you very much for your answer, before.

kkk2002
    Participant

Release for Christmas?

Lukreaner
    Participant

I hope this game will be released in 2015

kkk2002
    Participant

Hi…

Release 2014. None…
    Release mid late 2015. None…
    Release 2016???

You should release it in Early Access…

Azhrei
    Participant

What’s going on with the site? There haven’t been any updates in weeks.

DocPaul
    Participant

howdy all

jsfreitas
    Participant

Hey guy! You’re doing an excelente job! I’m new here and read all articles published before and I draw some conclusions: your game is amazing and I’m so excited to play it! I’m a business in-depth lover gamer I have some suggestions for you:

1) Commercialize per city is so strange and unreal, because it’s unthinkable Apple sales their products only 34 cities around the world. Indeed, you can create a demand x supply per country, maybe more country than you had implemented in the game. But the 34 cities still remain to settle offices, factories, etc.

2) Will be possible to hire regional executives, like in the headquarters you have a CEO worldwide and in the Shangai you have a Asian CEO? If not, please consider this in the final game, because managers in this place must to report for this guys.

3) Will have more based employees than you showed? Because in my opinion, some employees classified in this level are not adequate, because they are skilled.

4) Will have a maximum number employees you can have? I strongly suggest you don’t put any limits on this matter, because giant business have thousand employees, this is realistic.

5) Wil have different levels career in the game for one position? Like an sênior, intermediate ou junior marketing analyst? Or Sênior Vice President? It’s important to consider this in order to be more realistic and give possibilities for your employees to grow in your company. Each level might have diferent salary rank.

6) Will have a business university program in the game you as CEO can implement in the company? This must have the function to graduate and master graduate the employees and increase their skills and allow a based employee grow in the piramid.

7) Will have a IT department that develop software to run in our company for different purpose like a financial system, marketing system, etc? I suggest put it, because it will be more realistic.

8) Will be possible to set the budget for department and set a budget to raise salaries and promote employees? It might be in the game, because it’s realistic and you can use it for increase employees happiness, productivy and employees reputation.

9) I suggest for you some positions inclusion in the game and their function in the company:

9.1 You must review the financial role, because financial account is innacurate.
    9.2 You should create a collector agent and he works to collect the retails for product solds for their in order they distribute in the market. We know in real life that no all companies pay their bills on date 🙂
    9.2 You should create a treasury agent, he works to pay bills and invest cash surplus to earn interest and take a loan when you have a cash deficit. Other function is to plan the cash flow in order to pay all bills on date. You as CEO might suggest a bills paying policy like pay all bills antecipated, on date or delayed. In collector policy implement a agressive collection that harms your relation with your distribution, or offers discounts in order to receive the delayed money.
    9.3 You should create purchaser position, his job is buy and negotiate contracts with suppliers in order to reduce overhead, lease and shipping costs.
    9.4 You should create a new business agent who negotiate and take more better agreements in service contracts that other company wants to contract your company to provide.
    9.5 You should create a legal department and their job is to review and write contracts, agreements and defend your company in lawsuits, in bids to contract a new supplier or new service contract your company will provide.
    9.6 The financlal account will must have the assential function to account all assets and liability and the balance sheet.
    9.7 You should consider to create a process and project analyst who promote design and re-design the process in your company and increase their productivity and reduce costs.
    9.8 You should consider to create a auditor and fraud prevent analyst who will investigate and audit everything in order to reduce scandal and preserve your reputation.
    9.9 You should consider to create a compliance analyst who will analyze the impact and will ensure your company is compling all legal obligations.
    9.10 You should consider to create a payroll analyst who will pay salaries and benefits for all your employees.
    9.11 You should consider to create a secretary or assistant position who will help and reduce administrative charge on managers and executives.
    9.12 You should consider for all this positions have the respective manager, for example purchaser manager, collector manager, etc.
    9.13 You should consider to create a IT developer who can works internal purpose or product purpose, who will develop systems for internal use or will participate in the new product creation.

I think is all. I must admitt for you that in the world I never find a realist business simulation, neither capitalism, neither WSR, or other, all don’t have the necessary in-depth simulation that attend my standarts, I’m confident this game will be.

WEB
      WEB
      Keymaster

Hello! Thanks for the great list of suggestions. Some will be in the game and others may be coming after the release of the game. Some things however was too detailed for the game because at the end of the day, it is a game, and I didn’t want to get too realistic as to alienate some gamers. this is however a great balancing act, because I do want it to be as realistic as possible. Once again, thanks so much for the suggestions. I like them all and it makes great sense, but my job overall is to find that balance between realism and fun, easy to grasp and entertaining gameplay.

piro00
    Participant

Do you think it will be released anytime in december?
    Do you know the price? More less?

DaM1306
    Participant

Hi! Nice idea, will follow your project! May I ask, are you using your own technology or some kind of prefab engine for such an ambient?

jbernady8
    Participant

I don’t understand your post. It just looks like random words to me.

WEB
    WEB
    Keymaster

Yes there will be 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.